We have been watching the situation regarding the COVID -19 virus and travel concerns.
After much deliberation, we have decided that the appropriate course of action is to cancel the conference this year. While much is unknown, our opinion is that it is best not to bring together people from many different places at this time.
This was a difficult decision. It is the first time in 35 years that it has been necessary to cancel ICSW.
This is of course very disappointing. But we feel it is the correct choice under the circumstances. We are looking ahead to 2021, with the tentative dates on March 14-17.
Thank you for your understanding of the situation.
The 35th International Conference on
Solid Waste Technology and Management
Annapolis (Washington, D.C. area) U.S.A.
March 22-25, 2020
- Committee Chair: Anita Závodská, Barry University, USA
- Marta Graciela Caligaris, Facultad Regional San Nicolás – Universidad Tecnológica Nacional, Argentina
- Serpil Guran, Rutgers EcoComplex, USA
- Tateda Masafumi, Toyama Prefectural University, Japan
- Dr. Sadhan Kumar Ghosh, Dean, Faculty of Engineering & Technology, Jadavpur University and President, International Society of Waste Management, Air and Water, India
- Mervat El-Hoz, University of Balamand, Lebanon
- Yitzhak Hadar, Hebrew University, Israel
- Professor Joseph Akunna, Abertay University, UK
- Kazuei Ishii, Hokkaido University, Japan
- Haluk Akgun, Middle East Technical University (METU), Turkey
- Maria Liubarskaia, Saint-Petersburg State University of Economics, Russia
- Lakshmi Raghupathy, TERI School of Advanced Studies (TERI-SAS), India
- Pascal Gatete, Depot Kalisimbi LTD, Rwanda
- Chukwu Onu, Southern University A & M College, USA
- Kristyn Oldendorf, Baltimore City, Department of Public Works, USA
- Sara Ojeda-Benitez, Universidad Autonoma de Baja California, Mexico